When moving your website, there are three main considerations:
- Do you only want to move your website to another hosting provider, or
- Do you also want to change the ownership of the applicable domain, or
- Do you also want to change the domain registration service to another registrar?
1. If you only want to move your website to another hosting provider, you only have to change your domain nameservers inside your hosting account.
2. If you want to change the ownership of a domain, you can update the contact details of the domain owner inside your hosting account. Please note that according to our Terms of Service, the person or company paying for a domain is regarded as the Domain Owner. Unlike many other hosting providers, we do not hijack the ownership of a domain to keep customers hostage to contracts or agreements. Account holders can update the contact details (ownership) of a domain anytime.
3. If you want to move your domain registration services to another registrar, you can transfer the domain by unlocking the “Registrar Lock” and by requesting an “Extensible Provisioning Protocol (EPP)” code. The following domains however do not require unlocking nor an EPP code; the Domain Owner merely have to accept the transfer when notified via email: